Friday, November 2, 2007

Remake of the cure

From what time I have left, this blog is to let us discuss on the updates of remaking the cure. Since its difficult to get us on at the same time, we shall discuss our stuff here. Posts comments or what nots if you may.

Some issues we'd be dealing with :
  1. New Name
  2. New Site
  3. Function
  4. Site Outcome
  5. Site planning
  6. Who's Who
So any suggestions are welcome :) If you wish to contribute by posting, post your email add in a comment and ill invite ya. Thanx for the support yet again.

24 comments:

DS said...

It is good that we will be able to discusse forum connected stuff here.
Keeping in touch by MSN failed, I hope this will work.
I thought that we should put some html with info on ftp about what has happened to us. Probably most members dont check if its online again but we may try.
Johan tried to re-upload forum content on ftp but it seams something is broken. Also by placing new index I have returned with nothing. Any ideas???

Anonymous said...

i think UnGeneric is a good forum name.
and yeh this is a better place to chat, because of different timezones and people being busy, hard to get us all on MSN at one time.

-Rubb

Anonymous said...

I'd love to help set the cure back up, tbh you guys were my real first design community(besides tracker ^^, if it counts) and I've loved it. Maybe we could make an art group? get our name out there? Make some exhibitions maybe. Custom website design, submit system etc. We could keep the cure as the name or do something like 671kb? or the secret 23(lol stolen from an old AA clan) or project art etc.

btw for those who dont have it, my msn is colts3650.

Alfian said...

An art group would be interesting but the thing is the net is rather saturated with these things nowadays. What we'd most definitely need, is something that would most certainly set us apart from the rest.

I thought of having a digital design equivalent of Sitepoint. If you dont know what it is, its a site dedicated to web design + web design jobs. It has contains articles contributed by the members themselves which I was thinking of starting.

Articles, not really tutorials by members for members.

As for the name, I was thinking of something short. UnGeneric sounds interesting..

-Spark

Anonymous said...

that would be pretty cool although I'm not liking the name UnGeneric, I don't it just doesn't do it for me.

DS said...

Kinda got to agree with hiro. unGeneric is nice name but if we are going to atract lot of people and if its going to be more serious than Cure was, name got to be proffessional looking. What I got on my mind is something what associate with proffesional graphics magazines and sites.

It may not match my thought but i came up with 'Silo' yesterday. Its a little connected with what Rubb's idea - group of people with different and independent graphics styles. Just a thought.

Also thought that it would be nice if we keep some of Cure memory forum'history', people etc. Still there? Just an idea.

I didnt have time to coppy all tutorials we had on Forum but maybe its a way to restore old database for a while. Mooseman still keeps a backup of forum files.

Another idea is to make our own gallery with best LPs and tags of people from forum. There could be some kind of LPOTM and a winner gets his piece into that gallery.

Next time we got to atract people more to be more active on forum. I mean: more staff members, new groups, some point system, dunno about money prices cos we aint got sponsor.

Few questions...

-are we going to keep same hoster (personaly i think they are crap, they offlined or forum twice even didnt knowing that they have done it, serwer was down many times and lot of ppl couldnt log in)
-if not... do we have a new one or do you have something on your mind Yan?
-what would you like: new IPB or vBuletin?


-DS

Anonymous said...

To answer the last question, I really think we should go with ipb, vBuletin is a pain in the ass imo, and I think most people are familiar with/like ipb best.

This time, if we're going to do a serious restart, I think we should buy a new ipb, to make us look more serious and also cause it's easier to edit and there are more plugins.

Oh and are we going to have the old "group" like we always had, those with cure in front of their names (with a new name this time?

I really like that idea with the LP gallery, would be pretty cool, and attract people, if they see we are no noobs maybe they stay :P

We need something cool and unique to attract people, not the old kinda graphics forum like all the others out there.

- Mooseman

Anonymous said...

To answer the hosting question in my opinion Media Temple would be an excellent choice. I'm going to be hosting with them when I get my folio design all sorted out, they are never down, I mean never and you can always call them. Their servers are fast and reliable as well. "Silo" sounds amazing as well, but for all of our ideas we're gonna need a homepage, I was thinking maybe somewhere along the lines of the leftovers: http://lftovr.projectsd.net/
I could help with that.
We could do photoshop tennis matches to get our name out there as well, thats always fun. examples: http://www.layermatch.com/

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, oxygenetic also has an excellent webpage design:http://oxygenetic.org

Anonymous said...

I agree with -hiro how UnGeneric really doesnt sound good. I like the 671kb. something ELSE is what we look for. I think we should start over and not do the cure. I've gotta go, in case you guys have been wondering I have been checking this. I'll add more after.

Side-FX

Anonymous said...

*sigh* we can't use 671kb (It was my favorite too =/) I was just on dA and someone already has that as their dA account, I don't know, I just really want something unique.

Anonymous said...

Yeh some really unique name wud be good, I really liked that 671kb.. :(

Well, who's gonna be who this time? I'm not sure if I will have time to do any admin work, although I will be able to help with anything that has to do with coding html/css/php or anything. I would be able to maybe be mod though we don't have enough mods :P

Okey, let's think of some basic stuff accept name:
- What's the purpose gonna be for the site?
- Gonna be only related to graphics or another stuff to like computers or shit?
- Who's gonna do that paying? Fixing new ipb, webhost and shizzle?

- Moose

Anonymous said...

how about fauxsthetic as a name?

Alfian said...

to Moose : would what i suggested further up top as a purpose for the site be ok? in other words, it being the digital design world of Sitepoint and stuff. Containing articles + tutorials contributed by the members for the members and maybe some freelance sections.

DS said...

So whats next?

Alfian said...

still waiting for the comments from others... :|

DS said...

Maybe we should start another topic about future name of site.

Alfian said...

ok done :)

Mr.Hyon said...

we are done being a gfx site, we cannot stay for ever in sigs, We have to focus people in doing more Large pieces, and websites stuff like that. We have to move on from being a gfx site to help newbies to a more professional site. What we could do is try to make our name in a more professional way, offering somekind of logo,web design,poster,tshirt service. I mean we still can have a forum but i think we should evolve.

Anonymous said...

who says any of us still makes sigs? I don't, DS doesn't and I'm pretty sure no one else does either.

DS said...

hehe, Yes I dont do sigs anymore. Most of us dont, I think all went for LP's. Helping begginers is good idea, for such skills we all have in Ps and other programs we can give some advices.

T-shirt brand would be great, we can think about it, also everyone could benefit from this (money for design and sold items).

web-designing, logo-designing, t-shirts - YES imo, its good way to go pro.

Mr.Hyon said...

i would like to add more names if i can.

- Industrial.
- Commercial.
- Blue print.
- etica.

Mr.Hyon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr.Hyon said...

- anonymous.
- untitled.