We got a name...ok...almost cause we cant decide if its NO or NOT. More people are for NOT tho.
Question is what we do now? I see discussion is inactive so thats what this post is for. Discuss everything related to host, domain, logo, site profile, ideas what we can add to forum. If we gather enought propositions we can set theme topics for each category.
So keep spamming with your ideas.
Cheerz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
37 comments:
ok well, if more votes are for not, go for not, i rly dont care anymore.
Who's gonne pay for hosting etc?
What might be an idea, is that we maybe can start a place where we can sell tutorials(of high quality) and templates. 10% goes to our site, so we can pay for stuff + its fun to see if we can try selling stuff.
I would like to have a homepage and all, but is anyone willing to code it/or have time for it?
paxy
I'd go for We Are No Robots, as in
"I ain't no porn writer."
It's got some flesh, the we are not is too rigid.
For me, a freetime/graphic forum sounds better, but i'm gonna be totally open for any ideas on this front.
Yea, go for not if more likes it, it doesn't really matter imo.
Paxy's idea about website sounds awsome imo.
And maybe we could have a gallery of some kind. Like those sites someone showed earlier on this blog, don't remember them.
I would be able/willing to do the coding btw.
The forum itself imo should be as a graphics forum though.
maybe the ability to write each week a blog, or each month, for people who love doing interviews, or writing bout there own life, etc
and a gallery yes! to show what were made of so people get an impression wenn they come for the 1st time on our site
pax got my ideas outta of my mouth.
It will be a we are no robots :p
I'll get the domain and hosting up most likely by tonight.
I was thinking of a forum + blog. With the blog having weekly/daily articles by us like tips/interviews/updates or what nots. :)
Someone get the designs up ;)
Nice jira:)
i will give a try on the design, hope some more will, and if the forum is up we can pick one of them from the few who made something:)
My idea on site look is:
Main site with a good tamplate with flash elements or some script.
*Blog:
-articles
-tips
-intervies
-some history of how we started
*about us
-including bio notes and photo
-links to site gallery or artists DA gallery
*gallery
-some of our best works?
-our project
*forum
-designing help (form common to what we had on Cure)
-free tutorials and resources
idea to expand site to selling tutorials and designing help its very good. Dont we have to register it to tax it, if we want make money with it?
cant wait for site Yan :) very nice
Forgot to mention about t-shirt design.
I'll have a try on the design aswell. =)
How are we going to have the website? Are we gonna build it all around a blog?
Or a static website, + blog?
And the gallery, are we going to be able to log in and upload new work?
Just wondering. :)
ok wearenorobots.com is live :p
now finding a nice host hmm..
anyway, so what forum vers?
ipb 1.3? 2.2394234920834? 3.3294248?
or someone wanna take charge of the technical aspects? :D
its up. i just dont know what to put in it yet :p
gj J
i think we should go for 2.1 or something, havent been on forums rly for a long time, but there must be loads of skins and scripts for it + its easy to use
we need a logo too^^ nice splash
Nice. Yea go for 2.1, more resources and things. 1.3 is pretty outdated.
Oh and I made a template, so maybe when forum is up we can post up some templates and choose the best?
Who's gonna be admins, mods etc btw? :P
i was thinking of using drupal.. ipb is kinda outdated nowadays.. anw, im trying to think of a new system for this forum..
Ideas : main purpose of forum? to learn/be better at graphics by getting critiques for your artworks? or by reading up tutorials? or do you want the tutorials to be another section and the forum be just a discussion area?
ive been dabbling with Drupal abit. Its a Content Management system by the way.
http://bigbadreviewer.com/drupaltests/
You can check out and maybe try abit. One good thing about it, is its room for expansion is huge should we think of doing anything else. The best part is that we can simply install modules etc3. (blogs, forums are examples of modules)
About the only problem I can see with this is the theme. :| Moooosee?
So how? still ipb? (I personally got tired of normal looking forums btw)
can we for example use WordPress for blog some other(ipb, whatever) for forum and that drupla for main layout?
Separate section for tutorials is good idea. Members could post their on forum while ours would be in other part of site.
Drupla looks kinda nice for main but the forum and blog size there annoys me (its too narrow coz of nav bar on left and right).
For blog I like more wordpress.
Check example of blog in WP http://blog.imaginaryfs.com/
Yea I suggest that we do what DS said.
But well, I don't know how to make layouts for drupal.. Wordpress is no problem but Drupal.. I don't know how it's built :P
+ I guess it would be easier to just custom make the main site (gallery + info).
Wordpress fits perfect for blog and IPB is imo best when it comes to forums.
if you guys are looking fr the normal look then anything goes.
i was just suggesting something new and different and unique. take note that that test was just A TEST. looks can be changed.
Well I kinda like the good old IPB.
Dunno about the others though.
ipb is easy to use(havent rly tried others), we should just make sure all the skins and pages are easy looking, so it wont piss u off that u cant see wenn there are new post and wenn there not.
why don't we use wordpress? At least it won't be ipb, what every other forum is using.
Well, Wordpress is no forum. It's a Content Management System, most suitable for blogs.
And I don't see the problem. So what everybody else is using IPB, our site won't be unique just because we have another type of forum. We need to make the forum itself unique (If thats what you want). And IPB is the by far easiest to deal with imo.
its the easiest to deal with because we've been familiar with it. We've been using it all the while.
Maybe try break out of that monotony? :|
Got to agree with what Mooseman said. It isnt engine what makes us unique, its content and look of site.
Forgot to admit that I am absolutly ok with every choice of engine for forum, It should only look nice and could have been customized quite easy for our use.
I still want IPB. But I'm ok with other as long as it's as powerful as IPB. And no vBulletin, they suck imo.
So what will happen now? We're stuck again I guess..
Let's just pick god damn IPB imo.
Or maybe you want to vote again..
Your choice..
This process is too slow. Let's start it while we are in the mood.
like moose says, get the god damn shit up lol, and we will talk furder on there about a site and what more
ipb ipb ipb
I was thinking PunBB cos of its compact and minimal look, but IPB sounds as good.
Just get it up and running.
uhhmmm, I would like to make a website like this.
We have a fixed bg, and the website homepage is divided into three sections, horizontally.
- The top is where our group name is + the menu.
- The middle section is a long section of our works attached to eachother, and there is a scroll bar where you can navigate horizontally so you can see our works.
- The bottom one has a fixed bg.
I'm actually making one and trying many stuff, but let me know what you think.
Who are you?
I'm not a fan of horizontally webites, but if you think you can nail it, go ahead.
Btw, I've made a template proposition, kinda simplistic.
Anyway, where's Jira? And DS?
http://wearenorobots.com/forums
go go go
Cool... I also really like the idea of having a 'gallery', where we can display the best works.
We Are No Robots ftw! =]
moose, its me 7.
Aah, sorry, hey 7 :)
Yay forums up.. greeeeat.
Post a Comment