Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Any other comments about site

I was talking with Noah and Paxtyr today about reanimating forum. Since when we are just talking about name for site this post is for any other suggestions and visions. I know you probably got some ideas and some questions so dont hestitate to write them down.

Cheerz

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a few questions:

- Do we have a host

- Will we keep our old name? Otherwhise we need a new domain name

- Will there be a website aswell or only forum?

- Who's paying for the IPB, or do we go with a free one?

- Mooseman

Anonymous said...

uhm i will answer them i might get a few right and win some bucks

1 no

2 i think a new name would do us good, but the name cure is tattoed on my forhead

3 website would be cooler, we might could sell some tutorials.

4 i would go for the free one as no one is rich

viagragfx will do good:0

Anonymous said...

possible names:

Ungeneric
Sonik (from blog, it was good)
Viagraphics/Viagraphiks
Stuff Only
New Scheme Designs
Blueprint


i'll think of more soon, i'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I think we should take our old name. Cure is public, everybody known CURE and so that word is so sexy ;)

Merowinger Gfx
Sonik sounds good too

--> but at first we need a good free ipb.

DS said...

I think we should start with new name, tabula raza etc.

Yan made this blog to get some info about profile of site, name etc. I think (if I can reply in his name) he is willing to set it, he just need a name.

Question about domain is probably clear .

I think we want to do website, not only forum, am I right? Forum is too boring to atract more ppl. We need articles, tuts, photos, blogs, stuff gallerys etc.

http://www.imaginaryfs.com/ - site like this would be rly cool

About name- Stationary Station is nice name from Shark's list

Alfian said...

Viagra's Cure :P

Alfian said...

Oh and dont worry about the domain and host.

About the forum, we either use

vb
ipb
phpbb

of course, the 1st two choices would be illegal ones :P

Anonymous said...

well jesa is jira i guess?

if u are about to take an illegal one, go for ipb imo, they got good skins and is easy to edit as far as i did it in the passed.

2 names out of the poll are cool btw:)

Ah new name would be a good fresh start tho

Anonymous said...

Yeh, i think the name cure is cursed.

it can be "****Name**** - home of the cure". But don't call it cure graphics again imo.

fresh start = new people.

Anonymous said...

I agree with having a new name. If we would use thecuregfx we wouldn't get many members I think.

We need to organize something when we choose name, we can't just sit like this "Aa that name is cool" "noo that is cool" cause then we will be at this stage forever.

Either we have a discussion or we let the poll decide which name we have? Or someone else has some suggestions?

A site is a good idea that would make us look more pro and probably get more visitors and all that.

And don't choose anything else then IPB. Cause they all suck, trust me.

DS said...

Mooseman got a point. Imo we should make pre-eliminations and eliminations for name. First everyone picks his 3 favourite names, like Yan said, than we put those names in poll and pick one with most votes. (I think it was ment to look like this)

I edited this posts with my propositions. Asterisk counts in too.

Lets pick that damn name :P

DS said...

Forgot- this is my list... may come up with few more

Vertexilation,
RedGreenBlue,
Vertical horizont,
Friends synergy,
Style synergy( synergy-working togather),
Art biotype ( biotype-place where life lieves),
Grounded canvas,
We'r not relatives,
Creative familly,
Visual engineers,
Define art,
Definition of art,
Guardian Angels,
Feel Home,
Everything Iluminates,
Real Reflection,
Reflective arts,
Friends Fortress

Anonymous said...

People start giving ur votes on the name, so we can get this thing of the ground:)

Anonymous said...

For what we would be doing we could easily do something like this:
http://www.etcetering.com/
I visit is everyday, great community and amazing idea.

They are using this free and easily customizable wordpress template:
http://www.creativesynthesis.net/blog/projects/recycled-research/